In some instances the SBC may not be able to take on your complaint but we will put you in touch with the relevant body to help solve your problem.
If your customer is in the public sector contact:
- The Public Procurement Review Service if you’re in England
- Supplier Feedback Service in Wales
- Single Point of Enquiry in Scotland
- Information in the Central Procurement Directorate Supplier Charter in Northern Ireland
- If your customer is a supermarket complain to the Groceries Code Adjudicator. To raise an issue with or provide information to the GCA please email email@example.com. You should also read GCA Guidance on raising issues, and the disputes and escalation process.
- If you’re in the construction industry and not working for a residential occupier, you’re probably covered by the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996. Check your contract for what to do in the event of a dispute, or get advice from your professional body
If you’re not sure what’s best in your situation, you can get advice about payment problems by calling the government-backed helpline for England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.